- 1. Sign slot to let users identify each target or state its purpose.
- 2. Bright LED’s for visual feedback. Can be set to blink once or five times.
- 3. Loud Peizo speaker to provide audible feedback. Can beep once or five times.
- 4. Target feet allow stable placement on most flat surfaces.
- 5. Targets can be linked together with cable and connected to the CCM.
- 6. Target linkage cable connects to computer/CCM via USB.
- 7. Target cable jack for quickly connecting/disconnecting to or from a target.
- 8. Settings switch with three positions: off, single response, and five response.
- 9. Durable glass filled nylon case backing with translucent red front cover.
- 10. Hanging slot to allow user to place target in any location, including on walls.
The irTactical Target allows you to add more options and customization to your training exercises. It also provides a simple variety of Target only modes. The Target can be used with or without a CCM, to ensure the easiest use for all users. The way it works is simple: simply shoot the Target with any irTactical system (irM4) to achieve the pre-set effect. Each Target has an ir sensor and a high powered LED light built in. The entire Target system is linked together with a data cable connecting every target to the next one, similar to a string of lights. The first target can be connected to the computer via the target cable for use with the CCM and up to 20 targets can be connected up to 500 feet away.
Several unique options can be set up by connecting the Target to the CCM. For basic modes of simply shooting at the targets, players can select Shooting Gallery. The targets are placed on a wall and the player simply shoots at the target as he or she pleases. The bright LED light and Peizo speaker within each target provide visible and audible feedback to the shooter, providing confirmation of an accurate shot.
Another mode option is Simon Says. The targets are placed somewhat close together for all shooters to see. The operator chooses the desired settings and begins the exercise. Individual targets will flash in a certain order, with more and more targets flashing each round. Shooters have to hit the targets in the order they flash.
Obstacle Course is the last simple option. Targets are placed throughout a field or area, and shooters must make their way down the designated path and shoot as many targets as they can on their way to the end.
The Target has several different configuration options for those using the CCM. Single or multiple flashing can be toggled, as well as timing set for Simon Says and Obstacle Course. You can set timing up so that you have to shoot the targets within a certain amount of time, or to see who is fastest among all the users. Targets can also be set up to provide ammo or health during an exercise instead of acting as a target per se.
Of course, you can always use the Target system without the CCM as well. Simply power the targets with batteries and place them around. If you shoot them, they will light up and beep either once or multiple times depending on your settings. This is a great way to test the accuracy of your irTactical guns or show off your shooting skills.